New York is a great city to visit with kids, it’s one of those places your kids will remember no matter how young they are.
When you visit New York, or travel anywhere that may require some walking with young children, there are a few things that you really notice that can affect the places you visit and how much fun you have.
Here are some tips to help you get more done and have more fun:
Pack for the season and your plans
The seasons in New York can really affect your planned visits and attractions. Check the local weather before you travel and make sure that you don’t get too hot (or cold) due to having the wrong choice of clothing. Having the right footwear is also essential.
Plan your transport options
Little kids don’t like walking long distances, so use New York Subway or Hop-on Hop-off Buses, which connect most of New York City attractions. If your kids are tired, the open top buses are great place to rest and still see the bigger part of the city.
Vary the attractions you visit and make sure you keep hydrated and fed
Make the most of the amazing food and drink offers available with your Sightseeing Pass.
Plan your spending / Manage your budget
Observation Decks, Museums, Bus Tours, Airport Transfer and other sightseeing costs can add up pretty quickly. On top of it all, it takes countless hours to search, book and manage your trip. That's where Sightseeing Pass can help with our online tools you can take the hassle out of your trip to NYC.
There are loads of great child-friendly attractions in NYC and with Sightseeing Pass all you admission fees are covered:
- 1. American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) – A great place for kids in NYC, chances are they know of it better than you from TV shows, films and much, much more.
- 2. Bike Rental in Central Park – Stretch your legs, wear yourselves out and see the sights are your own pace! If the weather is nice, it’s well worth it.
- 3. CitySightseeing New York Hop-on Hop-off Ferry Tour – A great way to get an unobstructed view of the Statue of Liberty.
- 4. Gray Line CitySightseeing Hop-on Hop-off Buses – A relaxed, fun and informative way to get to your next attraction.
- 5. Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum – WOW! A real WWII Aircraft Carrier and a Space Shuttle Pavilion.
- 6. Luna Park @ Coney Island – An old-time theme park with roller-coasters and activities suitable children of all ages.
- 7. Madame Tussauds New York – Meet the celebrities, movie stars, presidents and sporting idols – and they won’t mind a selfie!
- 8. Madison Square Garden Tour – A must do for Knicks or Rangers fans or anyone who loves the game.
- 9. National Geographic Encounter – Ocean Odyssey – experience an incredible underwater journey and come face to face with amazing, 3D humpback whales- all in central New York.
- 10. Color Factory – This multisensory exhibit, inspired by the colors of the city, guides visitors through 16 participatory installations, designed to awaken audiences to the brilliant, everyday presence of color.
- 11. Planet Hollywood – Tons of film memorabilia, a Diner style menu for all ages and $15 toward lunch per person.
- 12. Ripley’s Believe it or Not! - Oddities and fascinating fun facts galore (not recommended for younger children).
- 13. Staten Island Children’s Museum – Let the kid’s play and learn in a safe, educational environment.
- 14. The Chocolate Museum & Experience with Jacques Torres – Chocolate & a Museum – You had us at chocolate!
You have 12 months from the date of purchase to active your Passes – all non-used Passes are refundable with Sightseeing Pass insurance.